- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8-10 cups homemade chicken stock, or purchased chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1½ cups cup chopped onion
- 1 bunch kale, stems and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
In an 8 QT stockpot or SmartSteam™, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat it over medium heat. Add in the carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly softened.
Stir in the ham and rosemary. Add the bay leaves, beans and stock. Turn up the heat and bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes.
Add the kale and cover. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Stir in the parsley and serve.