- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound ham, cut into ¼-inch squares
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed pineapple, 20 ounces
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 ounces Rum
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can baked beans, 28 ounces
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large pan (such as the MAKER Homeware™ 5 QT SmartSteam™), heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ham and cook until it is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, half the pineapple, half the cherries and the rum. Simmer for 3 minutes.
Stir in the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, maple syrup, pepper and cayenne and mix well. Cover the pan and bake for 1 hour.
Top the beans with the remaining pineapple and cherries, and serve.
Recipe By: Adrienne Vradenburg