- 1 package frozen crinkle-cut French fries (I used Alexia brand)
- 1 pound boneless short ribs, cut ¼ to ½-inch thick
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, thinly sliced
- Sriracha Mayo (I used Lee Kum Kee brand)
- Extra gochugaru for garnishing
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Marinade for Korean Barbeque:
- ¼ cup grated pear
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons gochugaru (Korean Chili Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
Combine the pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, gochugaru, brown sugar and sesame oil in a bowl, whisking to combine. Add in the beef and marinate it at room temperature for 30 minutes, or for longer in the refrigerator (up to 24 hours).
Cook the French fries according to the package directions on a large baking pan. While the fries are baking, heat a grill pan over medium heat. Grill the short ribs for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are slightly charred and cooked through.
Let the meat rest while the fries finish baking.
Slice the meat into smaller pieces to make it easier to pick up and eat. Top the baked fries with the cheese, followed by the meat and Fresno chilis. Bake them for an additional 6-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove the fries from the oven and top them with the scallions and cilantro. Drizzle with the extra gochugaru and the Sriracha mayo.