- Wonton wrappers
- 6 ounce can lump crab, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Easy Hollandaise Sauce
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the wonton wrappers.
Lay a few wonton wrappers out on a clean work surface. You do not want to do them all at once because they will dry out more quickly than you can work with them. Place about a tablespoon of the filling in the center of each wonton. Use a pastry brush and wet the all 4 edges of the wonton. Place another wonton on top and seal tightly with your fingers to form a “ravioli.” Continue with the remaining wontons until all of the filling is used.
In a Dutch oven, heat a few inches of oil to 325°F. Submerge 3-4 wontons into the oil and fry them for about 30-45 seconds per side. Remove the ravioli with a slotted spoon or spider to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Season them immediately with salt. Continue frying the remaining wontons. Serve immediately or prepare up to 4 hours in advance. Cool and refrigerate until serving time and reheat in a 425°F oven for 10 minutes.
Serve with hollandaise sauce if desired.