- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, 14 ounces
- ⅓ cup key lime juice (preferably fresh)
- Juice of a lemon
- 8 egg yolks
- Zest of 2 key limes or limes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the crust. Press the crumbs into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a springform pan or pie plate. Set it aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the filling. Pour the filling into the springform pan. Bake the tart for 35-40, minutes or until the center is set and is just slightly wobbly. If making in a pie pan, baking time will be slightly longer.
Cool the tart on a wire rack. Place the tart into the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Loosely cover it with plastic wrap or foil.
Before serving, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks using an electric mixer. Mound the whipped cream on top of the key lime custard and sprinkle the cream with toasted coconut.
Remove the sides of the springform pan and cut the tart into wedges to serve.